Caesar crossed the Rubicon with the 13 th legion - the beginning of the end of Rome.
did you know that many buildings do not even have a '13th' floor?
It is not on the elevator selection pad? It goes with black cats...
interesting that in Chinese astrology the cat was left out.
1913 was the year the US congress at Christmas session established the The present tax code, the American Bar Association, & authorised the Federal Reserve Bank. Some have seen this the root of all evil in the USA.
- There are 12.41 full moons in any given year; so some years have 13th - the 'Blue Moon'
- There were 13 at the last supper.
- 13 is a bakers dozen.
- A Rondeau is poem with 13 lines.
- 13 original colonies, stars on the USA flag, # of Guns in the Army & others Salute.
- In the Great Seal of the United States there are 13 olive leaves (with 13 olives), 13 arrows, and 13 stars. These form a triangle over the eagle with the number 13 on each point. On the reverse the pyramid has 13 levels
What ever the reason, 13 + / - lives with us; even George Lucas has the # 1138 sprinkled all through his star wars movies. (1+1+3+8=13)
Some like it some don't. I am one who does.
We have a Friday the 13th coming this week.
Today is the Chinese 13th Day of New Year
a good time to rest up after all of the feasting that has taken place over the last 12 days...
(hum: reminds me of the 12 days of Christmas), you know from all that stuffing and drinking I bet many died because of this at this time.
so a bit of Cleanse is in order.
The Chinese recommend rice and mustard greens today for the rest and a bit of cleanse.
Sparkling Gold has some good ideas for cleansing.
happy Celebrating - rest up for the coming Big day!